Low Milk Supply & Lactation Cookies
Having a low milk supply can be both stressful and frustrating. When I was pregnant with Charlie, my supply dropped significantly in the first month. I think it was due to the fact that Charlie did not have a good latch as well as during those first few weeks, I was going too long between night feedings. No matter what I tried, Charlie was impossible to wake up for his night feedings. Some nights I was up for an entire hour just trying to get him to feed. Wet wash cloths, undressing him, changing his diaper...nothing seemed to work. Waiting these long stretches without feeding effected my milk supply. I finally learned about lactation products. I started eating prepackaged lactation bars. However, they were not practical because of how expensive they were and their short shelf life.
This time around I wanted to be prepared. Before Ford was even born, I discovered Mommy Knows Best Lactation Cookies.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MOMMY KNOWS BEST LACTATION COOKIES
- They are SO DELICIOUS
- You buy the mix and can make them at home (so easy)
- An entire bag of mix is only $20.00 which is significantly less than other lactation products
- The ingredients include many herbal galactagogues (a substance that increases milk supply)
- They are #mrsnippleapproved
THE GOOD STUFF, GALACTAGOGUES
Mommy Knows Best Lactation Cookie Mix contains a powerful blend of ingredients designed to optimize breast milk production. The combination of Oats, Flax Seed, Brewer's Yeast, and Blessed Thistle Herb, packs a powerful punch when it comes to increasing milk supply. Additionally this cookie mix is a great source of Calcium, and Folic Acid, along with vitamins B6, C, D & A.
OATS are a nutritional powerhouse, providing whole grains, fiber, iron, and an abundance of healthy vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
BLESSED THISTLE is a powerful galactagogue, well known as a common ingredient responsible for milk production.
FLAX SEED provides an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids necessary for baby’s brain development.
BREWERS YEAST is a traditional remedy, rich in B-vitamins and amino acids essential for nursing moms.
- MADE WITH BLESSED THISTLE HERB: The only lactation boosting cookie available with blessed thistle herb baked into each cookie to help boost breast milk quickly.
- PERFECT COMBINATION OF BREWER'S YEAST, FLAXSEED & OATS: Already measured and mixed for you, these ingredients have been used for generations to aid with breastmilk production and replenish key nutrients mothers need.
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF KEY VITAMINS & MINERALS: Each cookie is jam-packed with healthy amounts of calcium, folic acid, iron, plus vitamins B6, B12, C, D, & A. Enjoy a lactation supplement that you can eat.
- TASTY & EFFECTIVE SOLUTION FOR LACTATION SUPPORT: These delicious and convenient lactation cookies are a healthy alternative to lactation tea & bars that can help provide the extra nourishment lactating moms need.
- SAFE, CONVENIENT – WON’T UPSET BABY’S SENSITIVE TUMMY: While many lactation tea, lactation bars and breast feeding pill alternatives contain fillers that upset little tummies, this TASTY & EFFECTIVE SOLUTION FOR LACTATION SUPPORT provide all the nourishment, without the common allergens found in many breast milk pill supplement products.
In addition to eating the cookies, here are a few other tips to increase that priceless milk supply for your baby:
- Never hesitate to contact a certified Lactation Consultant for advice from a professional.
- Increase frequency of breastfeeding and/or pumping sessions.
- Try pumping for 10 minutes, rest for 10 minutes, for a total of 60 minutes. This can be done a few times a day and will help stimulate milk production.
You can find the Mommy Knows Best Lactation cookie mix, HERE.